The Newquay Activity Centre have become the latest business in Cornwall to sign the Armed Forces Covenant. Situated along Towan Beach the Activity Centre is in partnership with the Army Surf Team, who also attended the signing.
- Promoting that they are an armed forces friendly organisation through digital and social media channels as well as working with the press.
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old by working with the Career Transition Partnership and recognising military skills and qualifications in their recruitment and selection process.
- Striving to support the employment of service spouses and partners; advertising with Recruit for Spouses and endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Seeking to support employees who choose to be a member of the Reserve Forces with up to 2 weeks per year of special paid leave to attend annual training camps, and fully supporting and accommodating mobilised deployment of Reservist employees if required.
- Offering support to local cadet units by actively encouraging members of staff to become members of the cadet forces, offering 2 weeks per year of special paid leave to attend annual training camps and courses and also considering sponsorship bids to support worthwhile cadet projects.
- Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day.
- Offering discount to members of the Armed Forces Community.
- Encouraging and supporting employee fundraising for Service Charities.